Prof. Dr. Heather Foran
Prof. Dr. Heather Foran is head of the department of health psychology in the Institute of Psychology. She is also coordinator of the university-wide research cluster in “Public Health”. Prof. Foran has been involved in coordinating international projects regarding family maltreatment as well as prevention of mental health symptoms across multiple countries and governmental organizations. She is a licensed clinical psychologist in the U.S. and a licensed psychotherapist in Germany. She has been funded to evaluate long-term data for parenting interventions and to conduct cross-cultural evaluations.
- Foran, H. M., Beach, S. R. H., Slep, A. M. S., Heyman, R. E., & Wamboldt, M. Z., Kaslow, N., & Reiss, D., Eds. (2013). Family violence and family problems: Reliable assessment and the ICD-11. New York: Springer Publishing.
- Slep, A. M. S., Foran, H. M., Heyman, R. E., Snarr, J. D., & US Air Force Family Advocacy Program. (2015) Identifying unique and shared risk factors for physical intimate partner violence and clinically-significant physical intimate partner violence. Aggressive Behavior, 41, 227-241.
- Slep, A. M. S., Heyman, R. E., & Foran, H. M. (2015). Child maltreatment: Definitions of relational processes in DSM-V and ICD-11. Family Process (Special Issue), 54, 17-32.
- Foran, H. M., Hahlweg, K., Kliem, S., & O’Leary, K. D. (2013). Longitudinal patterns of relationship adjustment among German parents. Journal of Family Psychology, 27, 838-843.
- Del Vechhio, T., Lorber, M. F., Smith Slep, A. M. S., Malik, J., Heyman, R. E., & Foran, H. M. (2016). Parental emotional flooding during conflict: A psychometric evaluation of a new scale. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology. 44(8), 1587-1597.